Saturday, October 24, 2009

I have given some personal info to a scam email - how do I protect myself now - living in South Africa?

Forest Gump's Mom was right...





Stupid is... as Stupid does.

I have given some personal info to a scam email - how do I protect myself now - living in South Africa?
What kind of info? (and no - dont tell us!).


If you can change the info, like passwords, account numbers etc, then change it. Else you are pretty stuffed.


Check your bank balance, credit card usage, cellphone airtime and other stuff like that regularly. If something does happen, inform the police immediately.


Also, don't delete the emails you have sent to or recieved from the scam people, you wil need it later for evidence.


Most important, inform the police of the scam, but I'm not sure how much that will help with our good old SAPS...
Reply:contact all credit card companies and your bank. also, contact the authorities.





if you want to, change your phone number.





PLEASE ANSWER!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

web

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive